Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Clonk Bang Clonk Bang!!!

Think I have done a CV joint :( The cars making some expensive noises!

The cars booked in to the garage for tomorrow morning. If it is the CV Joint, anyone have an idea how much am I looking at roughly??

Cheers

Dan

cv joint is dead is to change,the hardest part would be jacking it up and taking the wheel off,should take an hour tops,so shouldnt cost to much

Do ya head in don't they!

A wise man once told me "if it's got t*ts or wheels, it'll f**k ya head up"

How true.. how true!!!

I should grumble really, This is my 1st real problem since I have had it.

Yeap, thats not too bad then considering, there alot better built than the previous car I've had... :lol:

Didn't drive the car yesterday becuase of the dodgy noise is was making, as I assumed it was buggered. I Took it to the garage this morning & it didn't make the noise!!! :x Getting it checked anyway. Will know in a few hours what wrong.

Dan

Got it back. The guy said she is still driveable, the parts won't be in till Friday so it's getting done then. It's going to be about £150

I'm happy as larry. I don't like using garages for work on the car when I have to leave it there, but I feel absoultly fine about leaving at this place. Seemed like really good place & I have only ever herd good things about it.

:D

Dan

Well chuffed :D Got my car back at lunch time. The garage sourced me the same part cheaper & it all came to just over £100. Cars working 100% perfect now!

To anyone in Slough - I would defiantly recommend using Ray Williams Of Burnham. If you would like contact details drop me a PM

Dan

sounds like a good shop. wish i could find a goodun like that over here.

i was going to recommend taking a stab at it yourself but for that price, and that service.. might as well let them get their hands dirty. cheers.

Yeah I know what your saying, but it's getting colder over here by the day & I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle. If it was the summer I'd of probably done it myself.

Think I have found the problem!!!!

leaving my drive this morning - clonk clonk clonk :? it didn't normally do that!! Popped the bonnet only to find both my top mounts loose?!?!?! I don't know why they are loose, but hopefully this should sort the problem & thankfully won't break the bank!!

I won't have time to do it as it'll be dark by the time I get home from work, I'll let the garage know & they can sort it tomorrow when it goes in.

So I'm kinda :D today!