Sign in to follow this  
ravaling

torque steer

does any one know how if poss to stop or tone down my savage torque steer, i have avo coilovers and poly bushes all round michelin pilot tyres cheers

I know on some of the valvers there is a weight on one of the drive shafts to combat torque steer which can work lose and is often just removed rather than replaced...

Don't know if that would relate to your problem but it might help I guess :?

does any one know how if poss to stop or tone down my savage torque steer, i have avo coilovers and poly bushes all round michelin pilot tyres cheers

what's your ride height? If a car is lowered more than about 40mm the wishbones will be pointing upwards and this can badly affect handling.

A very worn steering rack can also give very bad twitching like torque steer.

phil k that sounds hopefull i,ll look into that . Davidwort not sure of ride height as i have coilover s steering rack has been picked up in the last 2 mot,s a little play may be time for a change then cheers

phil k that sounds hopefull i,ll look into that . Davidwort not sure of ride height as i have coilover s steering rack has been picked up in the last 2 mot,s a little play may be time for a change then cheers

As a very rough guide, if you have standard 15" wheels or a wheel and tyre combination about the same diameter as standard then if you can fit only a couple of fingers between the top of the tyre and wheel arch then you are at the minimum sensible ride height for handling - or just look under the car, are the wishbones dead level or slightly pointing up? Ideally they should be slightly pointing down.