Sign in to follow this  
mattkh

What is it ?- in VR6 head ventilation

Hi

VR6 2.9 1995

I need the name and part no. please.

ETKA diagram is misleading.

Basically it is a black rubberry disc about 2 inches wide and has one vacuum hose going to a T, the other ends are connected to a black plastic box sitting on top of the left end of the cylinder head and the other end goes to the throttle intake pipe after the MAF.

Thanks in advance

It's the PCV breather filter.

Available from Ford - Galaxy VR6 - for £25.

VW will want to sell you the whole intake hose with that attached, for around £90.

This sounds just like the thing i've just found split on my vr, could you show me a picture so that myself and others know exactly whether it's that bit or not? Cheers very much!

This sounds just like the thing i've just found split on my vr, could you show me a picture so that myself and others know exactly whether it's that bit or not? Cheers very much!

I think I can help. The bit we're talking about is the one marked "PCV valve" in the pic below:

VR6_PCV.jpg

(pic from a LHD car)

Splits & cracks here are VERY common on VR6s. Fixing it means replacing the whole intake hose. £80 from VW, £65 from GSF or £30 from Ford. Take your pick! LOL

The Ford part number is 7364573 , I believe. It is fitted to the Ford Galaxy VR6.

Thats fantastic! Thanks for the pic and info, the PCV valve is the one thats split on my VR6, i'll go get one! And from ford then! Or maybe a scrappy thats got a vr which hasn't split... (easier said than done!)

Thanks again!

Sorry to hijack this slightly but it's Saturday (very late too) so I can't check til Monday but...has anyone tried buying their ISV from Ford for their VR6? Reason I ask is that my head is still hurting after I hit it when passing out in the VW spares department, after being quoted 232 quid for a new one!!!

It's the PCV breather filter.

Available from Ford - Galaxy VR6 - for £25.

VW will want to sell you the whole intake hose with that attached, for around £90.

BINGO 8)

DONT buy a 2nd hand 1 from a scrapper itl only split again :)