Sign in to follow this  
veedub

Audi A4 Avant's - 1.8t sport or 2.6 V6 SE??

Well it looks like my Rado is all but sold so I'm on my lookout for the replacement.

So far I'm looking at an Audi A4 Avant 1.8t sport and a 2.6 V6. I really like both and cant decide, what do you lot think? Anyone had any experiences of either cars?

Cheers

Chris

1.8T is extremely tuneable, V6 sounds lovely... difficult choice! If you want the extra power potential of the 1.8T, go for that. If you're not too fussed about the big bhp, go for the V6- smoother drive.

1.8T is extremely tuneable, V6 sounds lovely... difficult choice! If you want the extra power potential of the 1.8T, go for that. If you're not too fussed about the big bhp, go for the V6- smoother drive.

My thoughts exactly!

Basically they are the same price however the V6 has about 20,000 miles less on the clock and a few more toys, but the 1.8t has a better interior.

Whats the MPG like for both? Not that I'm that bothered!

I cant decide! :lol:

I know two people with Audi 1.8T's one is an A3 ('99 and for sale btw :wink:) and the other an A4 Avant ('99). My mate with the A3 drives it really carefully as he's tight and can average over 40mpg in it! My other mate on the other hand with the A4 avant has had it chipped and it goes like stink, not sure what MPG he gets but it wont be 40 i bet :lol:

I've got an Octavia vRS, with the 1.8T engine, and mpg is pretty good really. With normal driving on the way to work I normally see around 32-34mpg. On longer journeys though, I see 36-39 :) When driven hard it still manages late 20's.

I've got an Octavia vRS, with the 1.8T engine, and mpg is pretty good really. With normal driving on the way to work I normally see around 32-34mpg. On longer journeys though, I see 36-39 :) When driven hard it still manages late 20's.

That works for me! Plus I just phoned up about both and the V6 is sold! 1.8t it is!