Sign in to follow this  
GRANDY

Corrado VR6

Im looking for a VR6 at the moment, just wondering wether its worth paying out a lot more money for a low millage one, or better goin for one with a few more miles. When do they start giving problems?

Cheers

Ian

... When do they start giving problems?

Right from day one....!! :(

Seriously though, if I had my time again I'd go for either a

Many many things seem to die at about the 100k miles stage. Mine has been very expensive the last couple of years.. :(

mines got 120,000 on the clock, and runs fine. Some of the electronics have played up, but other than that, nothing (except my ABS) has caused me too many problems.

Thera

I can't see mileage as being a particularly good thing to go by to be honest. Mine had done 77,000 when I bought it and the valve stem seals need doing, had FSH aswell. Thought this sort of problem starts about 100,000 onwards but the heat seems to accelerate the failure on these bits. See how it drives and get someone to follow you to watch for smoke. You could get one on 20,000 miles which has been red-lined from cold every day of its hard life.