Sign in to follow this  
Concept-e

urgent KR help!!

Hi,

After finding a chipped exhaust valve wasn't my only problem, and that there was actually a crack in the head, i managed to get a 1.8 16v KR head off ebay.

Now....the engineering company have just rung me to say its in good condition and that they can recondition it for me now. However, my brother seems to think there is a difference between the Golf and Corrado 1.8 16v KR engines. We initially thought they were identical, however i think he has researched a bit more and found info on exhaust outlets are smaller and that cams are wrong??

Please help asap as i really need my car back, ive had it on the road for 2 weeks, my first corrado experience is going terribly :(

Cheers,

Steve

never heard of any major differences in 1.8 16v engines, some of the later cars used different ancillary pulleys and had the smaller 42mm inlet manifolds but nothing that affects the use of heads on different blocks.

The later heads had smaller inlet ports and larger exhaust ports ( early vica versa)

They changed this to try and speed the airflow up to increase torque.

You wont feel any difference and it will fit fine.

The cams may have pointed teeth chainwheels instead of plat teeth, again this wont really make any difference......just fit it