Sign in to follow this  
RichieSounds

Apex vs Eibach front springs

I had Eibach springs fitted by a garage about 2 years ago, at the same time as having koni TAs fitted.

I've recently found that actually the front springs are made by Apex. I do trust the garage where the work was done, but can anyone see any reason why they would have seen an advantage in fitting these Apex springs to the front? Obviously i'm planning on calling them but want to see if there's any sense gone into this first.

I've noticed (coincidentally...) over the last 2 years that on a hard turn from standstill I hear a 'clunk' from either near or off side front. Looking at the upper spring plate on both shocks, I can see the top of the spring does not sit very well at all; the spring looks a little out of shape. I'm wondering if that's the cause of the clunking...

Could this be the fix for the clunk? Thank you in advance.

I spoke to the garage. They said they fitted front Apex springs as they are a little harder than the eibachs, and thought that would complement the handling.

I thought eibach were notoriously firm?