Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

sticky drivers door handle....

Common problem i expect. I have done a search but found nothing.

The drivers door handle is getting a bit stiff when it's pulled. Is here a magic cure. Does it need some lubrication inside.

I treated the rado to a polish today :D She come up luvly :D Just for the nice man at the MOT test centre when she goes next week... Do I get a slap for only covering 73 miles in her last year :oops: :oops: Took the rear light out to clean the last 10 years dirt from the lip underneath too.

Hi mate, sounds like the handle is on it's way out I'm afraid. Drop daves16v a pm. He does a handle repair kit at a fraction of the cost of a new handle. Just done mine, and it's like new :)

Ive started to notice my drivers side becoming stiffer. I can tell its going because the passenger side is so smooth in comparison..

Is the kit easy to use and does it have to already be broken to be fitted, i think id rather prevent a broken handle than cure it...

You can fit the kit without it being broken and it's fairly easy to fit although a little fiddely.

I did to my G60 once. Its a piece of pis hbut as daves16v said it is fiddly. Its only a case of taking out a pin on each handle by using a self-tapping screw to remove old part and fit the new part, then replace the pin that is supplied.... its THAT easy!

How much you selling them for daves16v? They'll be handy for when my current corrado's break.

Daves kit's are the business saved loads of cash and now I live safe in the knowledge I will never need to change them again :-)

Worth noting how the door handle cables are routed before you put the door cards back on as I forgot both times and the electric windows ripped the clips off when I tried to open them :oops:

Once sorted there fit and forget though

Thanks again Dave