StuartFZR400

Anti Vibration Damper - need it?

The circular ring around the drive shaft, made of plastic/rubber and metal - assume its a vibration damper - has perished and no longer sticking to the shaft, so infact was spinning freely on the driveshaft, which I suspect would create some vibration.

Does anyone know if this thing is worth replacing?

anyone even noticed one of these on thier 16v C drive shaft?

yeah, my drive shaft has lost so much paint due to corrosion the thing slides up and down. Never noticed any vibration at any speed though, I wonder if the big lump of iron on the subframe could be removed too, that's supposed to be some kind of harmonic damper too.

yeah, my drive shaft has lost so much paint due to corrosion the thing slides up and down. Never noticed any vibration at any speed though, I wonder if the big lump of iron on the subframe could be removed too, that's supposed to be some kind of harmonic damper too.

Hi, I did own a Corrado Bahn Brenner G60 until my partner had a crash in it last year. My partner upon being interviewed by the police after his recovery in hospital has been cautioned and is due to go to crown court this month. He is accused of dangerous driving & knowingly driving a vehicle that was defective. Very serious, not prison but a possible suspended sentence or ban as he has no criminal record or no points. Problem being an Anti Vibration Dampener on the driveshaft. As he approached a roundabout the brake pipe burst, he collided with a Fiesta, nobody was hurt thank god except him (12 broken ribs).From what the police accident investigator said in his interview, that there was no way he wouldn’t not have known about it, phases like a bomb going off under the car and we can’t see how you managed to drive it straight and knocking noises/vibrations though the steering wheel. The car drove perfectly! The boot that goes on the end of the driveshaft and is connected to gearbox had perished and this dampener (ring) had moved along the driveshaft to rub on the brake pipe causing it to leak. Has anybody experienced similar problems or does anybody have any thoughts on this, as we need to gather as much evidence as possible to prove his innocence!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Thanks Claire