Sign in to follow this  
poll250

Intermittent stalling

I'm having the good old intermittent-stalling-when-coming-up-to-a-roundabout-shenanigins,

So far i've replaced the fuel filter, and taken the isv and maf from my old car to try and fix it while I clean the others, but it still happening. If its any help my fuel pump is noticeably noisy and also the oil seems to get pretty damm hot (+110C, 118 earlier).

Does anyone know if it is ok to replace a fuel pump relay from a late 94 vr6, marked "167", with one from a late 93 vr6, marked "67" ?

Andy

Have you changed the 109 ECU relay, these are far more prone to failure. If you need new relays, buy them from VW as they are cheap and trustworthy.

Having the same problem myself, so would be interested to here possible solutions.

Where is the 109 relay and what does it do?

Also worth checking the isv pipework in case the sponge from the damper pot has been sucked into one of them ;) happened to mine, making it stall all the time.

also check the plug that goes into the maf, mine was doin the same as yours and unplugged it gave it a quick clean (was green on the contacts) and a quick spray of wd40 and its been fine since!!!