Sign in to follow this  
David Winter

Wrong ABS sensor? ****!

Can some one confirm my suspisions that this new abs sensor is wrong. Ive spent all day removing seized bolts and cursing! Had to remove front disks and hammer the old sensors out. Just as I could see light at the end of the tunnel I compare the old sensor to the new ones and they must be wrong. I would have left it on stands and cycled next week but its due in the body shop on wednesday. Ill have to bung it back together without any censors until useless listers sort it. Anyone know the correct part no.

Worked out ok in the end. I cleaned up the calipers and painted them plus various other components and put the disks and calipers back on and got the car driveable. On monday I went to Listers VW who replaced the components with the right ones straight away and gave me a substantial refund!

As I now only had to remove the wheels I decided to do it Monday after work.

They were a bit harder to install than I thought as they fit very tight. But after a hail storm and some cursing they were on. Now to find the warning swich in the garage drawer.( Id removed it as the orange glow had done my head in). I was half expecting it still not to work as Id self diagnosed it using a multimeter. The rear sensors giving a resistance reading and both fronts not doing so. Dash board switch installed and on with the ignition...

Orange light on then off. Result! no more orange glow. Well chuffed!

Its now in the bodyshop having parking dents etc removed and will now be well on the way to being a minter