Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Yoko Tyres

I Had a dreaded puncture this w/e and the only tyres that could be fitted to my car for Monday where a set of yoko's 205/40 r17. The only ATS near by with the tyres instock, fitted and balanced them for £179.99 all in . Toyo Proxie P1s was my first choice but in every tyre place near me they would of taken a min of 2-3 days to get in:(.

Not that I can do anything about it now, but I still value your guys opinions on Yokos [and previous experiences too]??

Fire Away,

Olly :evil:

I've got a set of Yoko A539s on my G60 and I love 'em to bits... Good grip in the wet and excellent grip in the dry. 8)

The wear rate on them isn't bad either... I did about 17K on the fronts before they needed replacing and the rears are less than half worn. That's not a bad price for them if they're 539s in that size either. 8)

I've had A520s before on my 16V and was impressed with them at the time, although having A539s now I don't rate the 520s as highly 'cos the 539s wipe the floor with them in the wet... 8)

I had Yoko 539's once. Good dry grip, OK in the wet. What I found was they were appauling in the damp. Dewy mornings or fog had me sliding all over the place. Fun though :D Wore out very quickly too. Always had good experiences with Fulda, cheap too. Currently trying some Hancook, grip like a bu99er but fronts showing signs of wear quickly.

Im running Yoko AVS Sports on my VR6 which havent been out long and I can say they are simply awesome tyres *:)

Ive yet to try better.

Scott

I've got A539's on the rear, which are ok IMO, haven't really had the chance to give them some stick!!!

W00t, they are AVS Sports and they are defo properly worn in now!!!!

They grip all day, very impressed specially for the price I got them. Did a quick google search and most places start at £95 not inc vat fitting or anything (postage) and I got them for 179.99 all in fitted with in 15 minutes of calling the ATS up, Cheers ATS of Blandford Forum!

The A539's are the best for the money I recon (still on standard 205 50 R15's on a VR6), asked the local mechanic who has had experience doing track days etc and he rated them better than the Toyos. Have had A510's, A520's and A539's on golfs, all well good. The A539's are probably better in the wet (don't push it so much now after an extremely lucky escape) but I thought the A520's were better in the dry and looked better aswell. I don't think you can buy them now though.

Yeah, I have A539's all round and find there great in the dry but still perform well in the wet!

The Toyo's are good for the price but wear very quickly, I think the Yoko's are well worth the extra.

The A539's are the best for the money I recon (still on standard 205 50 R15's on a VR6), asked the local mechanic who has had experience doing track days etc and he rated them better than the Toyos. Have had A510's, A520's and A539's on golfs, all well good. The A539's are probably better in the wet (don't push it so much now after an extremely lucky escape) but I thought the A520's were better in the dry and looked better aswell. I don't think you can buy them now though.

Snap! I went through 509s, 510s, 520s and am upto 539s now! I've still not found anything as good as the 509s in the dry... or as bad in the wet! :? :roll: :lol:

Yoko have worked hard at getting a good compromise between wet and dry grip and, I for one, can't wait to see what the next 5XX tyre's gonna be like! 8)