Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Injectors....G60 and Mk4 Golf...the same?

No

1.8T injectors are totally different. http://www.usrallyteam.com/injectors.html

They'd probably work on your valver though Stu as they're designed to spray the valves directly.

Ah bugger! The reason I ask is that I've got MK4 injectors (fuel rail and manifold) and I've been looking at the BBM 16v fuel rail to use with my standard mainfold just to get the squirt on my car. Now if I can't use my mk4 injectors that means I'll need to get some other ones and not G60 ones as they will have the wrong spray pattern as that website clearly shows. As far as I can tell the BBM fuel rail is for use with G60 injectors, but wasn't sure if I could use the mk4 ones with it or not....

Nothing is ever easy is it! I might just get an ABF inlet manifold with injectors and fuel rail instead for now. I just want to get the MS on the bloody car, its doing my fooking head in..... [/rant]

the mk4 fuel rail fits the 16v manifold, cant you just get some standard ford cossie blue injectors?

NO Completly wrong You would have serious problems here if you tried this do to Injector resistance

the mk4 fuel rail fits the 16v manifold, cant you just get some standard ford cossie blue injectors?

Ho the bloody hell does the mk4 fuel rail fit?? I've offered it up to the manifold and its nowhere near, unless I'm doing something wrong??

I was thinking on my way home last night, I reckon you could get some injector extensions made up out of steel tubing or drilled bar to go between the rail and the injectors. Wack some profile shots of the injectors up so we can see what they're like...

As i thought hes using megasquirt, it wouldnt matter what impedance he uses.

The mk4 rail is sposed to be perfect spacing from cylinder to cylinder but never tried it

As i thought hes using megasquirt, it wouldnt matter what impedance he uses.

The mk4 rail is sposed to be perfect spacing from cylinder to cylinder but never tried it

Yeah I agree the spacing is spot on it just the injectors site right on the rail and would need to have tubes attached to get them to fit and not foul on the manifold runners.

The impedence shouldn't matter either, its the spray pattern that would concern me

Theres a chap on clubgti running cossie blues on his 1.8 16v.

The reason i say the mk4 should fit is because i just realised its people using throttlebodies as the manifold then is really short

"Cosworth blues" are just Bosch 150 series, 400cc.

MK4 injectors will work on a 16V, just so long as the nozzles are at the correct angle..... which is why 1.8T engines have plastic clips on the rail so you can't move the injectors......but muppets still remove them and spin the injectors round for a neater look, and wonder why their engines run like schitt......morons :lol:

Theres a chap on clubgti running cossie blues on his 1.8 16v.

The reason i say the mk4 should fit is because i just realised its people using throttlebodies as the manifold then is really short

Aaah right.

the blues im refferring to are dark blues i think? standard cossie injectors sposed to be ok for upto 300bhp