Sign in to follow this  
keystarG60

ABS rattle??

My G60's always had a rattle (sounds like it comes from under the car,not engine bay) when i pull away forwards when the car is running from cold.

Only hear it for a fraction of a second then it's gone

I've been told that it's to do with the abs. Is this true?

It never bothered me in the past, but recently the abs light has been coming on at the exact same time as the rattle. The rattle stops but the light remains on.

Never hear the rattle as i reverse the c down my drive. Only when pulling forwards.

I know bugger all about abs. Maybe someone can give some insight?

Ta

The manual for the Corrado states that the ABS unit performs a self-test after igition on when you reach 10kph which will be audible and you will feel through the pedal.

You have a borked ABS component.

Indeed, but the fact that the light stays on means that when it runs the test it finds a fault .. quickest way to diagnose is to plug the computer in when the light is on and read off the error code.

Yeh, Keystar, I guess you know what Mat means by plugging into a computer... VAG-COM. VW will do it, but for a small price, I got quoted £80 just to plug into thier VAGCOM. I found a local guy instead, who was able to tell me that both rear ABS sensors had failed.

Was your rattle related to the ABS problem? Who knows - only one way to find out; get the ABS problem fixed and see if the sound goes away. Anything could be loose.