Sign in to follow this  
dog fart

Camberley Police - Corrado VR6

Just got word that they have acquired a black VR6 with tinted windows.

A mate got pulled by them in his Polo G40

Will try and get a pic should i see it about.....

sounds bogus to me...........doubt very much that any UK Police force would use a vehicle that is over 10yrs old for Traffic duties,let alone a Sports Coupe

No way the police would use anything that old..... My (future) father in law was a police advanced driving instructor and he said they never used anything older than about four years........ as the cars have such a hard life!

Ad

I'm a copper in Cardiff so can only speak for this force, but it does seem a tad dubious that any force would use a Corrado. Not so much the age of the thing (though that is a definite factor) moreover that its a 2 door vehicle which is not practical enough for putting suspects in the back of.

A division of our traffic department run 2 plain black EVO FQ400's!!!!!!!!

These have been openly featured in the local newspaper stating that suspects trying to get away has drastically reduced since purchasing the 2 'High performance saloons'!!

On the Corrado front though, maybe that force is running an operation to specifically target a particular section of the public and such needs a vehicle that blends in to that target??

Be interesting to see those piccies tho dogfart!! Get snapping!

My best mate is filth in the camberly area.

He wouldve told me they was using an old banger like mine for jobs :lol:

IIRC someone on here might or might not have a blue flasher unit on his dash for emergency journeys. :D He's no fed tho.

*cough* someone not a million miles away had ambulance air-horns under the bonnet of their Cosworth, and blue flashing strobes.

Very illegal I understand, but I can *imagine* it's very very very amusing.

True but my mate got pulled by them. Its one thing flashing some blue lights, but pulling someone over in all the kit is a bit too far!

methinks yer mate is perhaps pulling yer leg.............maybe would have happened when the Corrado was still a production model,but plod using a car thats been out of production for over 10 years is highly unlikely

Oxford plod were running an old lancia a few years ago, a guy got pulled just round the corner from us.

We had to have a stop and a perve, as the car looked perfect, and nothing to give it away without the blues and twos running

I read a report in the surrey post about a maniac black vr6 driver spotted driving down sheep in a private field.