Sign in to follow this  
tallpaul1977

1.8T conversion - problems with master cylinder

Hi, i bought a Corrado with a 1.8t conversion, but have noticed that the cambelt pulley & cover is rubbing on the master cylinder. Is there another master cylinder(less depth) that i can use? Or is there any other way around this problem? The corrado was a 1.8 16v ('90) before the conversion and has no abs.

Think there is something that needs to be done to the front engine mount to make it clear not sure though??? Sure someone knows better... :)

you need to change the M/S to a mk3 16v abs 23mm job which has 2 outlets on the drivers side and none on the passengers side. Should then clear by at least 5mm.

Ben

Thanks for the info Ben. Have seen a photo of the master cylinder on the coupehaus site, is it possible for you to send me a larger picture? Does your engine move much, have you uprated the engine mounts?

you could use a seat Ibiza cupra 23m cylinder its a stubby little thing that gives bags of room 17m last time I measured mine

Does the Ibiza Cupra/Golf mk3 have 3 outlets on the brake cylinder? Currently I have 2 facing the drivers side and 1 at the back going towards the passenger side. Please help someone!