Sign in to follow this  
tonytiger

Tilt'n'Slide Sunroof?

Just wondering if my '93 VR6 should have a tilt'n' slide sunroof? As it only appears to have only a sliding roof controlled by a big chunky switch with just a symbol for sliding on it.

I've seen a '96 Passat sunroof and that has a smaller, flatter switch with symbols for both tilt and slide. Should my car have been the same?

yes the switch should slide backwards and forwards for the slide,and you should be able to push it up and pull down for the tilt

The switch is completely different in mine though - perhaps if I post a pic once I get my car back from the garage somebody could identify a different VW that it originated from.

Anyone know if there's an easy way for me to find out if it's just the wrong switch that's fitted so that hopefully I can just change this and have a fully functional sunroof?

Ive seen 3 different switches on C's.

My '93 16v had a sort of rocker switch that would slide forward and back for the tilt and slide but could also be "rocked" up and down for the tilt.

My '95 vr6 has a 2 buttons with a 3rd round button in the middle, one slides the roof back, the circular one tilts the roof and the front switch closes from either position.

The earlier C's have a different switch again but I cant remember exactly what its like. More like the window switches IIRC.

Ive seen 3 different switches on C's.

My '93 16v had a sort of rocker switch that would slide forward and back for the tilt and slide but could also be "rocked" up and down for the tilt.

My '95 vr6 has a 2 buttons with a 3rd round button in the middle, one slides the roof back, the circular one tilts the roof and the front switch closes from either position.

The earlier C's have a different switch again but I cant remember exactly what its like. More like the window switches IIRC.

strangely enough my stormwhich has a 95 build date and is a genuine stormtoo has the same switch as your old 16 valver :? :?

Strange that, could possibly have been replaced at some point or its just the builders at Karmann were grabbing whatever parts were closest to them at the time. :lol:

Strange that, could possibly have been replaced at some point or its just the builders at Karmann were grabbing whatever parts were closest to them at the time. :lol:

hmmm not sure tbh........tho i think probably the latter :wink: :lol: :lol: