Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Tyre psi

Do you have the label printed on the drivers side door?

Open the door and have a look on the panel on the frame - should have a white sticker with Half-Laden and Fully-Laden tyre pressure recommendations.

Yeah, it says 36psi rear and 41psi front. Just thought that seemed pretty high. Theyre all at about 30 at the mo....

Nope, its 36 front, and 32 rear.

Bare in mind the VR6 has 205 tyres - and the G60 is 195. Due to having thinner tyres, they get more pressure on them, so they'd need a higher pressure inside. So the label is probably right, julez.

Remember back to physics - the woman in the stellettos exerts more force with her heel than an elephant - cos of the surface area in contact with the ground.

Got any idea what the pressure should be on a 215 40 17 tyre?. One of my front tyres is looking a little low.

GazzaG60: Yeah, i have 7.5 rims. The arch lips have been removed slightly from the front arches for clearance. The tyres do tend to rub very slightly on the inner rear of the front arch but only on full lock.

They do look the part though but still don't provide much protection for the rims :shock:

lee- are you lowered at all. coilovers on back? any problems

do you use spacers. if so what size or does the offset cover it

GazzaG60: The car has been lowered by a previous owner. I've got about 9cm clearance between the front spoiler and the ground :shock:

The only time i have grounded it is when i hit a sleeping policeman at about 40mph :shock:

I took all the wheels off this weekend and their were no spacers, the offset must cover it.

lee- are u using coilovers or not

Oooooh...wheres my handbag! :lol:

Nah just lowered springs.

not meant as come across. soz :?

just wondering u c. my coilovers touch tyre side when lowered thats a 37 offset 7.5

so spacers r required n if someone else was running same then i would get it bob on first time.

my mate has a rolling machine so may do the back arches. my front ones were always ok. maybe i run higher than u. our roads are pants

was my last message of the day before i went home at 5 so had to make it qiucik or id be waiting for 10 minutes to get out of the car park :oops:

No probs I was only mess'in :)

What kind of clearance do you have on your front spoiler? I'd like to work out what kind of drop my C has.

i reckon bout 2-3 in. it catches on speedies n slopes like garage entrances on a hill odd exit from places that are slightly elevated. just gotta take it easy havent u.

Was gonna swap for a VR splitter for 2 reasons. 1 it aint as deep. 2 its bout quarter of the price i think so if it does fancy a rest when i dont i wont be too out of pocket. Im on a J plate which seems to be a kinda hybrid between new and old spec. ie. new grill, old door handles etc. so i think it may fit quite easy.

the q's are down to not being able to lower on my old 7.5s properly. my dads got um now so new ones are needed. thought about getting a 7 but may as well do it properly. anyone know for definate where i can get longer locking wheel bolts as my car sleeps under the stars

A bit off the topic but has anyone tried putting air in the tyres at Sainsburys Petrol Stations you set the pressure on the pump and it will inflate\deflate to correct pressure. The one's I have used have been accurate as I have checked with my guage afterwards and its FREE!!!!!.

:p:p:p