chichee

Will the exhaust from a 2.0 16v fit onto a VR6

as IIRC the VR and 2.0 16v share the same cat

But i think the routing is different.....different bends on the centre and back box.

Apart from the obvious difference in downpipes the VR6 Cat. is longer than the 9A valver's Cat,longer but bolts up using the same flange,9A's Cat is like the G60's version,more of a barrel shape and shorter.

did you try fitting the exhaust in the end?

Holy thread resurrect batman.....I have a 2.0 valver and the jetex exhaust I purchased would fit a VR6 also allegedly

Haha quick google search brings stuff from the past :-) does the cat fit the vr too? As in could i swap everything from downpipe from a 2.0 to a vr?

Haha quick google search brings stuff from the past :-) does the cat fit the vr too? As in could i swap everything from downpipe from a 2.0 to a vr?

don't know about the cat as mine has a decat fitted so this wasn't changed. Look up the part number for Jetex decat pipes as it may be the same for both models. Above posts suggests VR6 is longer.

Thats what i thought from the posts, just hoped someone might have tried it :-) do you have a friendly mot person for a decat?

Nope, just a pre August 92 car - beyond this and you need to fit the cat for the test. My MOT tester is a friend but he won't do a white stick test. When tested it failed on the emissions first time round, but they use age related values and it passed.