Sign in to follow this  
Matty Newquay

Poly Bushes!!!

Lookin at Powerfelx poly bushes Just to make the front end feel more responcive!

Was thinking of changing anti roll bar one's and steering rack one's Anyone have any experience with this as i've never dont it b4??

If you're after responsiveness, I think you'd probably get a better result from an uprated ARB from the likes of Eibach rather than poly bushes which will just make things a bit more crashy.

I've replaced all my front wishbone bushes with Powerflex bushes and I have to say they sharpen the steering response up noticably compared with the (rubber) VW items. Not really crashy either, unless you like a boulevard ride quality.

I have a set of the roll bar bushes in thier boxes but I haven't fitted them yet because I know they are a right bugger to do... I'll get round to it sometime I suppose... I didn't know you could get polys for the steering rack.

Certainly if you're uprating the ARB already then you should definately consider fitting some Poly bushes at the same time.

However if the basic problem is that the front feels unresponsive you could also consider whether your front tyres are giving you the grip etc you want, and what state your dampers are in.

doneall the front bushes and roll bar and bushes and its a huge difference in terms of responsiveness, but as dinkus says you do get less comfort with less give in the bushes, but its only really crashy on the worst of the roads.

I also prefer to do the rear bushes to rid of the passive rear wheel steer as it makes it a lot more predictable round high speed corners, it no longer feels like its going to suddenly snap at any moment.

Usually uprating the rear arb will tighten up the steering meaning less understeer which in turn means more responsiveness.

If you want something a little more civilized...you can upgrade to the TT/R32 control arm bushings. If you do a full poly bushing kit...meaning control arm bushings, subframe bushings, etc...you will feel everything. It will give you more crisp/responsive handling...the trade off will be your comfort. If you combine it with the engine mounts...forget it...it'll jiggle your teeth out.

They squeek too :lol:

Handling etc will be better, but in my experience the ride definately suffers and the squeeking did my head in after about 5 minutes!

I've obviously fitted all my polybushes wrong or something as I don't get any squeaks and the ride isn't crashy despite also running some quite firm springs and track tyres?

Or maybe my big arse is absorbing the bumps and I've listened to far too much AC/DC and I'm deaf as well ! Happens in middle age y'see

:D

Powersex give you some grease with the kits to prevent squeeking... non at all for me but I would say the ride is a lot harsher than new VAG ones all the way round...