Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

Black smoke!!!!

Sorry if this is a repost but my mate has an annoying problem,

car starts up fine, idles ok until the car warms up then it coughs and spits and overfuels big time, loads of black smoke out of the exhaust and then it sometimes dies

His starter motor has gone as well.

Tried the idle switch thingy, open the throttle and press the switch in and it goes back to idle so assuming that one works. no visible earths unconnected or frayed, incidentally could someone point out where the earths should be on these? it just runs mega rich!

dunno wot to suggest to him, could it be the BTS?

made sure the throttle switch was working and free to move and it was ok.

Hes like this atm

Suggestions?

Thanks

oh hes running a 68mm pulley and sns chip .

lambda probe yeah?

is it easily accessible from the engine bay or is it time to jack the car up and disconnect it from the exhaust

Well first of all , thanks for the responses, checked the vacuum hoses and they were ok

we bumped the car , cos starters dead and i unplugged the lambda, it started ok and then let it warm up as it seemed ok on idle when on cold, but as soon as it warmed up it starts coughing, well in this case it was fine, when warmed up it was ok, so to eliminate the lambda, i replugged it back in and about 3 secs later the engine starts misbehaving slightly and then starts running rich, so unplugged the lambda again and it reverted back. Its true that on idle it follows a map , but as soon as it comes off choke so to speak and has warmed up, it was relying on the lambda, so hence it started coughin when lambda was plugged in. So now my mate is a happy bunny, apart from the lack of a working starter motor, but GSF have come up trumps and will have it fitted soon. Thanks once again and sorry for the mini novel in response

Cheers