Sign in to follow this  
corrado g

Electric door mirrors don't work

Hi, as above. I have tried the obvious to fix these, the switch is working as are the motors (tested them in another car). The fuse is ok too. So I was wondering if there was a relay for these as i can't hear a clicking sound when the switch is operated, if there is where is it located? There is no power to the mirrors at all. Tried the search and didn't find anything. Thanks for any reply.

I have the exact same problem. I haven't had as much time to troubleshoot as you have but will be delighted to get some idea of how to fix..

have you tried checking the operation of the switch with a mutlimeter? mine were dead (although the heaters worked) but there was power to the switch.

i took the switch apart carefully buy prising open the clips on the side, and theres a copper clad PCB inside that was completely green with oxidisation. I took the PCB out and cleaned it all up with metal polish and put it back together works fine now. be really carefull tho as theres these tiny ball bearing things held in by springs that try to fall out, although theyre kinda held in by the switch grease inside the switch so if you keep the casing the right way up you should be ok.

do you have the early switch or the late not to shure if their is a relay for them but i found that fuse 14 is electric windows /mirrors and revers light.

i had a problem with the mirrors wich turned out to be the swich .

after looking in the knowledge base (i have the early switch) all it took was for me to clean the internal brass plate and dog bones with metal cleaner reasemble and job was done .

hope this helps

regards adam

I have pulled the swich apart as it says on the wiki artical and its all working fine as i tested it on another car. Looked at the fuses and the reversing lights are fine so can't be the fuse. The only thing it could be i reckon is the relay if it exists i did a search and some of the resullts said there was a clicking sound. Or the wiring loom has a fault in it somewhere. Where does the loom plug in to when its gone through the doors?

ok hear goes i have a bentley manual for the corrado and the relays are listed as the following ,

1=a/c relay

2=rear window wiper realy

3=digifant control unit

4=load reduction realy

5=low coolant level

6=emergancy flasher realy

7=open

8=intermitant wiper realy

9=seat belt warning system

10=fog light relay

11=horn relay

12=fuel pump relay

13=abs hydraulic pump relay

14=abs relay

15=radiator fan after run relay

16=fuel pump relay

17=heated seat relay driver

18=heated seat relay passenger

19=open

20=open

21=abs hydraulic pump fuse,power window fuse

22=abs valves fuse

23=open

24=open

that is all that is listed for the relay

hope this is a little help i will keep looking in the big yellow book to find out any more info

regards adam