Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

996/Boxster S calipers

I've done some searching on here and around - just had a few questions about the setup that I can't get answered though - maybe someone could help? Before I continue saving for the AP Racing kit...

1) What discs and pads can be used? Seat Brembo 305mm x 28mm and Ferodo DS2500s? Can discs from other brands be used - for example AP discs? I'm after discs that can dissipate heat very well...

2) Are these calipers/above setup heavy? One of the reasons I was keen on the APs...

3) Brackets, Carriers and hoses - have people got these from badger5? Do you need custom brackets or can the Seat carriers be used?

4) Does anyone know the clearance these calipers require?

Thanks

Some answers for whoever is interested.

1) 305mm can be used it seems. Ferodo DS2500 pads are also available. Stil can't find out whether other rotors are available - but I am assuming floating discs and bells could be used from AP given the dimensions are the same. Could anyone confirm that - or point me to somewhere I could find out please?

2) The new Boxster S calipers are quite different to the std Boxster design - they are monoblocks that are used from their GT cars - however depending on age this may or may not be true.

3) Seems gwerks or badger5 should be able to help or re-direct. just from what i have read - not based on asking each of them directly.

4) Still don't know this. Anyone?

Hopefully that will help out the next lonely person who wants to find this information out on here.

Do people use other forums to ask these kinds of questions?