Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

seats

will a passenger side seat go straight into a drivers side? i have the chance of buying an interior, but the drivers seat has a ripped bolster, the passengers side is fine so i wanted to know if i can use the passenger side for the drivers :idea:

cheers people :wink:

Not really because the mechanisms for the seats will be on the wrong sides ;)

You could always just repair the bolster.

i cant find anyone to repair them mate!!! any ideas? cant seem to find my colour(platinum) seat covers anywhere, at the mo there is a full interior set on ebay for £20 well no ones bid on them yet, and i was gona just buy his passenger seat as his drivers side bolster is also ripped!! :mad:

Well you could, in that case, just buy his passenger seat and swap the cloths over.

But then you're gonna have to create a hole in the side for the seat mech, plus patch up the hole on the other side that's no longer being used.

And this assumes that both seat cloths are symetrical as well, which I doubt they are.

Going by Mk2 Golf seats, the cloths are just held on with wires, clips.

It's a bit of a fiddly job to do, although not very difficult.

If you have the money, it would just be a lot easier to replace both front seats. Depends how available the cloth you have is though.

If you look underneath the seat, you'll see metal prongs that can be bent to allow unhooking of the material. This then allows you to remove the arse section of the seat cloth and reveal the foam. You can buy seat foams from somewhere, GPC perhaps.

Kev