Sign in to follow this  
___Dubstar___

very red vr6 back from the body shop again

i like that, not sure about the red d90's. Id prob have gone for black to break it up but thats just me, boring. Love the bottles in the engine bay, where did you source them if you dont mind me asking? Bodywork looks spot on, the mazda mirrors really suit it imo.good work mate, more pics please

Gav

Hey Chap! Wow that looks like it'll be really eye popping when the sun comes out...

Very '80s wheel treatment there, the rim edges almost look like they've been pinstriped in white!

Nice to see you dropped the Marinello-logos for more Stutgart inspired ones..

thanks for the comments, the old d90's have been done to death a bit IMO and im too tight to sell them so red was the only option - its going to be a marmite mod so im ready to take some stick. and i dont know if anyone noticed but i had the lines all smoothed out of the mirrors so they look more porky now!

peanut, the bottles were custom made for me by Nigel @ carrera design house and he has now taken dies (?) of them so he can reproduce them for other rado owners - he also custom fabs bits for most golfs etc.

The bottles are featured in this months PVW and their office number is 01284 388522

Dont think youll get much stick for them mate, still looks spot on. I know im being lazy and should just ring them but any idea of the prices for the bottles? hmmm...group buy perhaps? lol

I had TT comps on my red rado and really liked them, i reckon polished or even anthracite TT comps would looks tunning on yours

Get some more pics up bud

Gav

thanks once again, i nearly put tt comps on it but i have so many wheels and tyres i have to stick with what i got but i think your right anthracite TT's slammed on the deck would look fresh. Speakin of fresh check out my MK1 rims

DSC05164.jpg

DSC05090.jpg

i think the power steering bottle is £95.00 washer bottle £175 header tankt £165.00 round style header tank (not shown) £135 all prices include V.A.T

That looks a very nice paint job you got there.Thats really what I`m looking to do to mine.(full respray)

Did you do it yourself :?:

The mazda mirrors look very cool too,how easy/difficult were they to fit. :?:

Makes me wonder why I sold my D90`s :?

Love the MK1 very tidy

All original paintwork im afraid, just a mop ans a polish!! works wonders

carreramods015.jpg

i hate to admit it but the wing mirrors are a direct fit but i had them smoothed to loose the factory shape

nice touches to this car.. not to sure abt the rims though but defo something different...

carrera design house sounds famliar, did they do the red mk3 on black merc rims that was featured in PVW??

were did you get yr single wiper from?? does it work just aswell with the lupo wiper blade??

Bally, yes they did the mk3 colour concept from pvw.

this was both cars on the way to gti last year - when the rims were black

dubfest010.jpg

dubfest009.jpg

dubfest008.jpg

I got the aero blade from stealth for about £15 - just clips straight onto the factory arm, works realy well too - after some persuading!