dalevr6

HEATER CONTROL BULBS

Hi im new to the forum.was just wondering if anyone knows how much hassle it is to change the bulbs for the heater controlls as mine dont work?Its a N reg vr6 so its got the later controlls.Many thanks.

Mine are also out but I'll be taking the whole lot off this weekend to fix the oh-so-popular stuck heater controls so I'll put a post up on how I get on.

I'm sure someone will let us know before that though!! :)

Theres about seven (star head) screws that have to be removed before you can get at the lights. You will have to take out the centre bin first, then the ashtray & cigerette lighter & then the controls themselves. All the screws are hidden (for asthetic purposes) but, a good place to start is the roof of the centre console bin as there is one or two screws there. Once you take the bin out more screws are exposed. A short screw driver is very useful for the job.

Its been a while since I've had my heater controls out so I can't remember where all the screws are located but the whols thing can be removed in about 15mins. The controls are lit by 'indiglo' circles behind the controls so I think theres only two bulbs altogether.

Good luck..

yer the light bulb cost 47p ex vat 49p with vat all you have to do is rip the middle heater control off (hot cold) and squeeze the green thing and pull off and there it is a little buld about the size of and led....

hope this helps

/BTW for a late corrado 1993

Thanks Chris,your advice was spot on and v helpfull.

Replaced the bulb today as easy as you said.Is it only one bulb to light up all three switches? as the middle one is bright but the other two switches are barely illuminated,or is that how they are on all C's? :?

cheers bud Dale.

in the interests of perfection, i noticed mine is rather dim after reading this thread, something thats gonna bug me for a while now :mad:

i just rplaced mine about a week ago and noticed that the middleone is bright the other two are dim took it all apart and could'nt figure it out but in the name of perfection it's annoying me too. could it be the strength of the bulb i only put in a 1.2 watt i think :!:

I think that this is a very common problem - its the same in my '95 C and my brothers (also a '95). Having looked at it, I think its just the way it's designed, so that the two outer dials are lit using plastic light guides from the central bulb, which results in a loss in brightness. I've had my light guides out and cleaned them, there are no cracks in them, and the bulb is nice and bright, but when you re-assemble the unit, its still the same. Don't worry, you'll soon notice something else to divert your annoyance onto!

David

Hello all, does anyone know where I c find this bulb? Am struggling to find it. My old bulb reads across it. Any ideas? Thanks