Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Haynes Manual for 16v - Passat or the Golf?

Just after some clarification, as its often discussed how the Golf shares parts with the Corrado 16v, such as brakes etc. However I see from old threads that some guys suggest the 1988-91 Passat Haynes Manual for the 16v.

Is this correct, or will the Golf 92-98 (9781859607626) suffice for engine and brake work?

. (it does say 2.0 16v 4 cyl - but is it a different engine??)

You can use the golf one for the KR and the passatt for the 9a.....but take it all with a pinch of salt

The Passat one you linked to is the right one mate for the 9A - in the fetching Dinkus pink!

fetching.... real manly. (no offense Dom, I had a bike with pink writing on it)

I guess this covers the 9A engine, but not the brakes / hubs ???

Have you got one Jim?

Hi mate.. yeah, i've got one of these. Sniped off eBay for something ridiculous like £2 posted.. it was in mint condition too.

I'd guess that a lot of it is the same for stuff like brakes, etc...

Is this correct, or will the Golf 92-98 (9781859607626) suffice for engine and brake work?

. (it does say 2.0 16v 4 cyl - but is it a different engine??)

just to clarify, this book would cover the 1993 introduced ABF 2.016v engine in the mk3 golf GTI 16v. This is a similar engine mechanically to the 9A Corrado/Passat engine but is a taller block and uses a totally different fully Electronic Fuel Injection system, not the K/KE-jet of the 1.8 and 2.0 16v Corrados. Electrics will be far more different to the C than the Passat manual is too.

If you were to use a golf manual, a mk2 one would be closer (although they don't cover the cable change gearbox)

Just looking at this old post. Need a manual for my 16v 2litre C. How is the passat manual you bought does it cover most things?

As stated guys, the Passat Haynes is only any good for the 9A engine coded one. Its good for the engine but also the running gear too somewhat. Better than this stupid otehr manual Ive got that covers all VW's of this age.