Sign in to follow this  
A-J

Rear top mounts - which part?

I went to VW to order new top mounts etc. which I'll change when I replace the springs. It was going well but the guy in the parts department wasn't sure which part I needed for the rear. Can anybody confirm which part/s I need. I reckon only 13 but thought I better check.

Rearsuspension.png

Cheers

For the rear you'll definitely need "0" which is the bump stop the rest you shouldn't need but it wouldn't hurt to replace anything else.

20 is the dust cover should be re useable

0 bump stop i would replace

replace at least 13 and 14 both lower and upper rear mounts are rubber and ware out

when i changed mine a few weeks ago the top spring plate 7 on the one side was in bits so maybe those as well all the rest can be cleaned checked and are usually ok to re-use

use a little grease that won't effect rubber on the faces of the mounts on fitting too stop noises and squeaking

Rob

I had just checked the GSF website and seen they had upper and lower parts listed.

Thanks for the info, I'll phone them with the part numbers tomorrow.

The upper rubber parts are 13 and 14, i replaced these on mine when fitting new shocks. As mentioned will be worth getting new bumpstops too if these havent been done in a while.