Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

256x22 vented Rear brakes

Im breaking a bora 4 motion with vented discs on the rear(size 256x22mm)

Any idea if these calipers would fit,but without the discs or would both fit?

i don't think they will fit mate . i tried vrs rears on the corrado and they didn't line up with disk when fitted . these of a 4x4 will be diff again . you may be luck but will the disc line up ??? you may have to give it a try . good luck . would you let me know as i've got a rear end to sort out . .

16VG60 installed them on his car a while back.

It's a good mod as it gets rid of the stupid taper bearings.

it may require the MK4 stub axle to be welded onto the Rado beam rather than bolted, but it'll be worth it. Or modify the Rado beam to accept the MK4 parts. Definitely doable.

Hey guys did you manage to get these to fit? taken the C off the road for 2 weeks to sort all the brakes out so instead of the normal new vr discs and mk4 callipers solution this sounds much more up to the task of bringing the C's brakes into the relms of modern motoring!

I'm fairly sure this would work....

I have some (4 stud) lupo/polo stub axles that came with a pair of brand new MK4 calipers and carriers... the bolt spacing is the same so I think they'd fit providing you have all the parts - The hub and wheel bearing are one part (£50 a side) and can only be used once so these would need to be new, discs and pads are cheap as chips...

With the 4Motion setup the calipers are different (wider for the vented discs) and you would need to check the handbrake situation + stub axle bolts and mk4 sheilds etc...

went to a garage on saturday and spoke to one of the lads who appeared to have big brakes on the back of his ibiza cupra r, he said he used standard TT rear callipers and discs, carriers of an s4 i think and had to machine the hub slightly but then it all fitted snuggly, i'm gonna go back there next week to get proper details, but providing its a similar size track to the corrado i'd imagine itd work? after fitting bigger fronts my rears are just embarrasing! although he did say he didnt notice any improvement really, they just look bettter :(

I have VR6 280mm vented disks on the back of my car.

Thats no help to anyone on this thread but I thought I would mention it :lol:

Nice, like the look of those. Time to raid the piggy bank agin :D :D