Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

grimmy's red vr - been busy with lots of mdf page5

Phat mate :D Bet It'll look ace when you clean it, what size are the brocks?

The brocks are 16x9, bought them off herisites so most people will recognise them.

Looking good chap. Still got the cams to fit? Which coilovers did you go for in the end? didnt like the pi's and konis? (if you fancy selling the pi's let me know)

Sold the cams as you know, may buy them back to fit at a later date when i sort out the engine. I went for the weitec coilovers, and i'm very pleased with the ride and handling, a vast improvement over the koni/pi set up i had. I'll sell the pi's but i wouldn't recommend them on the koni shocks, unless mine were just a bit shagged, it was a very crashy ride. I've had the weitecs on for a few weeks now and i highly recommend them!

Are yes the guy on e38 trying to sell them for a massive mark up haha. Just brought another set my self, got to fit the buggers this time :lol: which weitecs did you go for? the spring shoxs at the back and coilies at the front?

Ah the infamous "Rob Brocks" break cover again! Looking good...

Rob, no you don't.. you really want a nice set of 17" LMs ;)

Ah the infamous "Rob Brocks" break cover again! Looking good...

Rob, no you don't.. you really want a nice set of 17" LMs ;)

Maybe one day ;)

I may well be making a purchase of some of those LM reps though but in 8.5x18 or 19's not for me though obviously, i wouldnt wanna ruin my ride with 18 or 19's :shock:

which weitecs did you go for? the spring shoxs at the back and coilies at the front?

Nah i got coilovers all round, i couldn't deal with the lack of accurate adjustment at the back. I think they're called hicon gt's?

I want to go lower but the wheels already scrub at the back a bit despite arch rolling, and the splitter catches on bumps in the road already :( The pictures i have don't do the car justice, it sits so nicely on the brocks.

Where did you get the bumper resprayed?

I got quite a lot of work done, the bumper sprayed, arches rolled and wings sprayed, and all the dents taken out of both doors and sprayed too. Got it done by Martin Pollard, in Frampton on Severn. Very pleased with the quality of the work, looks very good.

Gave her a quick wash and rushed out to get some pictures while the sun was sort of shining. Looks much better in daylight :)

brocks.jpg

sexualtouchup.jpg

sexual4.jpg

Had a little play in photoshop and quite like this fella

blur1copy.jpg

Really pleased with the paintwork now, just need a spare few hours to give it all a good polish and wax. The new wheels seem to be attracting a lot more attention, but i'm yet to find a garage that will agree to fit tyres :? Also badly need to get the camber sorted...

Due to some serious scrubbing issues at the front, i had to slap the old bbs back on and was forced to lower it a bit more. Gave it some loving with the meguiars 3 step program and she's looking pretty good still. Going back to the body shop on monday to have the front arches rolled in an effort ro reduce the scrubbing with the brocks on.

Cleanwithbbs.jpg

Clean!

I agree the bbs may look classier, but it just looks so mean on the brocks. I'm still not sure whether to put them back on or sell them. I could do with the cash but the bbs just look too skinny now. Need something that fill the arches a little more.

I think it just needs a rethink on the rear tyres, its looking slightly awkward atm.

Good looking car though mate.

I've been meaning to tidy up my boot for ages, fed up with just having an ugly sub box stuffed in one corner and a couple of amps and wires trailing over the back of the seats. Finally pulled my finger out and knocked up a box to house it all.

Put in a false floor so i had a flat surface and something to screw it all down to.

Falsefloor.jpg

Made the box but due to the odd sized amps its all a bit off centre :/

buildingthebox.jpg

testingamprack.jpg

Now its all in and working,

constructioncompletion.jpg

I just need to get some suitable carpet if anyone has any suggestions that would match up to the existing carpet in my boot?

Also wondering if i need to line the sub box with anything inside? I've fired some silicone around all the joints but should i also line it with some sort of foam?

Good effort mate :clap: bet that box weighs a bit eh ! try halfrauds they do rolls of accoustic carpet thats wot i used with some spray adhesive covered a multitude of sins :norty:

Schweet install, have you got the Brocks back on it yet? BBS look nice but the Brocks defo give it a more purposefull stance,

I had mine about the same height as yours on 9j Borbets and i had a smidgen of arch rub on big bends/bumps, i raised it up about 5-10mm fron and rear and it is totally rub free now even on enthusiastic bends :grin:

It does weigh a fair amount i have to say, but i've whipped the spare wheel out as its pretty much useless now thats in place. Got a couple of cans of tyre weld to replace it.

Haven't got the brocks back on yet, but i've had the front arches rolled since i took them off and just haven't got round to putting them back on yet. They're going on for ed38 this weekend and i'll just see how they go. They will work but i love having my car as low as poss, so they're bound to scrub a bit.

I'll have a look at the halfords acoustic carpet but i'm guessing they'll charge an arm and a leg for it. But at least i can actually go in the shop and compare it to my carpet.