Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

MOT question

Hi

Think i know the answer to this anyway but here goes,

Booked my car in for a MOT for this Monday coming thinking everything was fine, just needed to fix the side repeaters so i thought :-( well while doing the side repeaters i happen to look at the front passenger tyre only to realise the outer edge of it was almost BOLD!

Well order two new tryes from mytryes.co.uk but was wondering is it allowed to run different size rims e.g. 16" on the fronts and 17" on the rear?

because i have an old set of 16" rims with 2 decent tryes on them sitting in my shed just thinking of putting them on for the MOT but will it pass?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

I think thatll be ok as some sports cars runs different size wheels front to back...

Im sure someone will be able to say for definite...

yeah that will be ok i had a supra tt with 19s on rear and 18s on front and i worried too ,think its just the actual tyres they are interested in and not the size of them :)

Don't see any reason why not, but you can take a look at the MOT manual here to double check :)

Even if you have 16s on the back and 17s on the front, the rolling radius should still be very similar.

Cool, cheers guys

Hopefully it will get thru the MOT, think i`ve got suspension issues because the outer edge on the passenger side was heavily worn as was the inner edge of the drivers side.

Hopefully get thru the MOT because having new coilovers fiited from g-werks very soon

you said NEARLY bold ; was there still visible tread all over and the 1.6 on 75 percent of the rest of the tyre? Should pass if it was.

Well yeah there was plenty of tread in the middle and inside of the trye but just didn`t want to risk it.

Well had the MOT today, passed, well kind of; the offside rear bearing had excessive play so the tester said tighten that up and bring it back tomorrow and he will check it and pass it.... So well happy :-)

Had advisory for having different size wheels front to back ;-) and handbrake only just passed at 17% when the pass rate is 16%

also theres a slight leak in the exhaust at a joint so need to get that done soon

Just waiting on the new front tryes which just been told won`t be here until next Monday :-( then back down to g-werks for coilover`s :-D