Sign in to follow this  
longman

Boring!

well this is my third attempt at this subject after the advice supplied i still have no Joy with starting the car correctly. Its needs the gas pedal pushing when its a mild morning or after work?? :oops:

I popped into a garage and they said that my HT leads could be getting moisture in them and this is why it only has problems starting when it is a more mild day. it starts fine if its a cold day. any ideas on this and if so where can i get HT leads cheap?

Try changing the Blue coolant sensor, it is also like an auto choke. tell the ignition system what temp the engine is at.

Try changing the Blue coolant sensor, it is also like an auto choke. tell the ignition system what temp the engine is at.

beat me to it.

where abouts is that in the engine, is it the same on my 16v as your g60?

Not sure where on a 16V. I actually thought you had a G60 because I didn't read your sig.

But all cars(newer types) have a coolent senor for the ecu and this usually can cause some starting problems. On other VWs the sensor is blue and clips into a black plastic flange with a green clip.

Here is a pic of where it is located on my G60 engine. Under the Blue plug is a blue coolant sensor that costs about $8USD so probably 4-5lbs

rsDsc02336.jpg

fdd96348.jpg

actually Its 6:30am right now and I've been up since 4am so I could study for an economics exam today and so I could cook the wife some pancakes(get out of jail free card :wink: ) before she heads out to work

some are worth making happy and it revolves back to the Corrado as she supports me while I go to school and all corrado parts are paid for by her and then doing well in school will help me get a good job so I can buy more/afford to make morte go fast partsdragster.gifblue.gif

Longman,

I had the same problem and after lots of under bonnet action I found it was the cold start inlet valve. Top right of the engine - small 1 inch diameter cylinder about 4 inches long. When you turn the key, just on not to actually start, it should make a sound, buzzing sound, only quiet but noticeable. This has two wires coming out the back of it, one of mine had come off, effectively making the car start without the necessary air to enable the auto choke. It may be that it has just stopped working and you need a new one. Hope this helps. :lol:

spitnshine, what were the symptoms that you had. the garage just told me it was the leads and that they were getting condensated. where is it positioned in the engine bay exactly. do you have a 16v as the guys before told me about this switch and dont have one where they said so i havenet got a clue?

Longman,

I had the same problem and after lots of under bonnet action I found it was the cold start inlet valve. Top right of the engine - small 1 inch diameter cylinder about 4 inches long. When you turn the key, just on not to actually start, it should make a sound, buzzing sound, only quiet but noticeable. This has two wires coming out the back of it, one of mine had come off, effectively making the car start without the necessary air to enable the auto choke. It may be that it has just stopped working and you need a new one. Hope this helps. :lol:

Yep totally agree with this - the K jet system as on the 1.8 16V uses a cold start valve that only works immediately on starting the key - if its not working / faulty then you'll experience the symptoms described....

I can supply alot of information on the K jet system and how it works - got it kicking about at home... its a very simple system and rarely goes wrong but when it does can be a pig to find problems *:)

Scott.

well i had a look and there were no wires loose for sure, but i did see the valve is there anyway of checking if it works or not?

well i had a look and there were no wires loose for sure, but i did see the valve is there anyway of checking if it works or not?

Yup listen to it when you turn the key as mentioned - should buzz until the engine starts up then switch off...

Yep totally agree with this - the K jet system as on the 1.8 16V uses a cold start valve that only works immediately on starting the key - if its not working / faulty then you'll experience the symptoms described....

I can supply alot of information on the K jet system and how it works - got it kicking about at home... its a very simple system and rarely goes wrong but when it does can be a pig to find problems *:)

Scott.

Scott, do you have this info on PC, if so could you please email me it.

Ive been having a lot of probs with my injection system more or less since I got the car, currently we think its a metering head problem and its getting checked on Wednesday. I wouldnt mind having a look at your info though.

Cheers

Scott, do you have this info on PC, if so could you please email me it.

Ive been having a lot of probs with my injection system more or less since I got the car, currently we think its a metering head problem and its getting checked on Wednesday. I wouldnt mind having a look at your info though.

Cheers

Is it K Jet ? - most of the stuff I have is in paper form but will see what can do .

Scott

That would be great Scott, Cheers, I think the 2.0 16v Injection system is like a cross between K-Jet and Motronic, it has a metering head built into the airbox same as a 1.8 but has a Motronic ecu as well.

well chaps i checked the switch and its buzzing like a vibrator, so not sure what to do now should i revert back to getting some HT leads??

well chaps i checked the switch and its buzzing like a vibrator, so not sure what to do now should i revert back to getting some HT leads??

Can try mate but I swear its a fuelling problem from what you mention!

You really need to get a bosch agent to look at it and measure the fuel pressure in the system.

well chaps as you all said, i tried some new ht leads and i dont think it made any difference to the starting although i think it feels a bit better generally. so i think the fuel system check is next!! doh

id say fuel too.

my mate has a link ECU n 550cc injectors in his impreza. when its been run he has ti give it a tiny little bit of throttle to start it as the injectors flood it out.

Id hbave a look at the warmm up regulator. not tyo up on later k-jet so...

do they have blue coolant sensor?