Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

VDO Oil Pressure sender on G60

Hi

Am some what confussed (Natural state i think!) on whereabouts the VDO oil pressure sender(360 006D twin pole) goes on a G60?

Did a search and everyone says it goes on top of the oil filter housing, but i was told it replaces the low pressure sender(0.3Bar/Yellow wire) which on a G60 seems to be on the side of the block with the High pressure sender(1.8Bar) on top the filter hosing?

So does anyone know exactly where it goes?

Thanks

Ian

Relaces the low pressure (blue) on the side of the head where the charger feed line is. 8)

Neil.

When you say twin pole do you mean 2 contacts or actual pressure + contact?

I bought the VDO 0-5 Bar dual sender to drive my oil pressure gauge, so I used the high pressure point on the oil filter housing.

It's very convenient for the spare blue / white wire that you need the drive the pressure guage. Very OEM 8)

It's very convenient for the spare blue / white wire that you need the drive the pressure guage. Very OEM 8)

Where is the other end of this wire m8?

I thought it was originally intended for the oil pressure gauge,but not sure where it leads to in the car?

Neil.

Its the VDO 0-5Bar sender with a contact point for the oil pressure warning light and oil pressure gauge

Now am really confused, if it replaces the low pressure sender then surely it must go where the original low pressure sender is!

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Ian

Well, my sender as per my previous post is fitted right on top of the filter housing,

IIRC I had to move the oil temp sender to the old pressure switch location as I had clearance issues with the VDO sender being mounted in the original pressure switch position

I didn't touch the low pressure sensor on the side of the head.

Does this make sense?

Also, the VDO sensor low pressure switch contact sense is arse about face - contact closes on high pressure (which is opposite to the orginal contact switch). I just conveniently grounded the old wire to stop the buzzer coming on when I drove off.

It's very clever that you can have a low pressure alarm on the filter switch, but not on the head switch, yet the buzzer only errr buzzes when you drive off!

The plan is to put an interposing relay in to get the contact sense right eventually.

Clear as mud eh?!

Will post a piccie if it helps.

Where did you have clearance issues m8?

Can just see mine here replacing the low pressure sender...Red wire going to it.

radoblackrocker.jpg

Nope,no problems m8...Shouldn't be as you are just taking the wire off the now redundant blue sender and popping it on the 2nd pole of the vdo sender.

The other pole is where you will run your gauge from.

Neil. :)

Fitted the sender (at last) to the same place as riley and it works fine!

No buzzer going off or anything. Had to turn the oil feed connector slightly because the sender was hitting the block but alls good :-)

Cheers

Now hopefully the sun might come out so i can put the gauges in ;-)