Sign in to follow this  
chuck

ARB bushes

I have Eibach anti roll bars and since fitting them there seems to be a knocking from the front of the car, only over hard bumps. At first I thought it was the replacement wishbones, but I'm pretty confident I have sorted that (GSF/ECP wishbones are a very different shape from VW ones - no clearance for the arb :shock: ).

When fitting (as opposed to neuspeed arb's) there were no front wishbone eyebolt bushes supplied. Apparently Eibach never supply these. So, unable to push the original VW rubber bush on, I cut it out to size with a knife to be able to fit it on the 22mm dia roll bar. Now its quite a thin rubber bush, which I think is causing the arb to knock against the eyebolt over bumps.

Anyone who has fitted eibach arb's - what did you do on the eyebolt bush????

I have called Powerflex, and they will do a 22mm dia bush, but will be £30 for the pair! I want to be sure this will fix it before I buy them.

what shape is the anti roll bar bush? try one from a vr6 or any other car in the vw audi range which have standard bigger ARB's

I know superflex do similar bushes to powerflex but a little cheaper.

how comes the wishbones were different did the part numbers match? maybe they fobbed you off with mk2/mk3 items?

Alright Chuck

I Got a set of Poly A/R bar bushes from Rallye designs.. I simply drilled them like yourself as there poly i've had no probs with nocking .. and they only cost £8

try them mate.. 01795531871

Andy..

how comes the wishbones were different did the part numbers match? maybe they fobbed you off with mk2/mk3 items?

Yea the part numbers match alright. just seem that they are not identical. Not hugely different tho, just the GSF ones have deeper flanges, which foul on the bigger arb. Its all ground down to size now tho :twisted: .

Ruffy, cheers for info, but I've already gone and ordered a pair of powerflex 22mm dia ones :( (should slide straight on tho...). Problem is I have no way to drill the bush out, I used a sharp kitchen knife on the rubber ones, which made a bit of a mess, and probably the reason for my problems :shock:

For info, for anyone with Eibach anti roll bars. The official word is the Eibach expect you to open out ( :shock: ) the existing rubber bush to allow the roll bar to fit. (annoying as Neuspeed provide a complete new mounting kit - apparently). Powerflex are the only company that manufacture a poly bush to fit the Eibach's 22mm dia. The only outlet for these (besides buying from Powerflex directly, but they prefer to make batches and will charge extra for small quantities) is a place called C&R Enterprises (01159785740).

The part number is PFF85-210-22 and is priced at £30 ish.