Sign in to follow this  
smudge

collant temperatures and fans - sorted now I think!!

Think I have it sorted now - found a link from Jan. (http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... =a#p617597) titled:VR6 Cooling questions (Major Breakthrough).

It has answeed everything. Blo@dy brilliant this web site!!

I noticed a leak in my cooling system a microscopic amount of coolant coming from a plastic connector on the top right of the radiator (bit hose attaches to). Got a new part and some coolant will try than in the morning hopefully change the temp. a fraction back to where it was!! although having read the link above not worried about my temps.

Thanks again,

Smudge.

Hi All,

Have been having a few concerns about coolant temperature on my storm. I have noiticed it creeping higher than normal. I have done lots of searches for coolant problems and have a few questions if you can help.

Temperature getting above 100 in traffic and then down to about 80 -90 on the open road - which I think from the threads is only fractionally on the high side (oil temperatures havn't changes around 102 up to 110 if gunning it - also coolant level if fine colour ok). The fans kick in at 95 to 105 (both of them) and only runs for 20 secs. - normal or not? I wonderd if someone knows the different fan stages - understand there are three? and is shorting them to check the stadges easy to do?

My other question what do you all think of Neuspeed lower temp thermostat as a engine friendly mod? or just a way to wear out you fan motor sooner?

Thanks,

Smudge

The thermostat as far as i know is what opens up the radiator so the water starts flowing through and starts receiving its cooling effects. A lower temp thermostat (if my understanding is correct) will open up the water to the radiator, meaning the engine would just take longer to reach temperature (probably not a good thing).

Anyway, the temperatures you mention don't make think there is anything especially wrong. They seem quite normal for most engines.

Yeah, as above it's a pointless mod usually done by people compensating for other problems in the cooling system.....

Smudge - worth checking both water pumps are working and maybe changing the thermoswitch on the rad...

Thanks for the reply Supercharged and jslootweg I wont bother with the neuspeed thermostat thing. How do I check the water pumps and them. switch - sorry to ask not great with electrics.

Anyone know the fan on off temps?

Cheers

Smudge