Sign in to follow this  
peanut

URGENT- fao of all who were parked on the grass at inters

Over the past few days ive seen a few posts popping up on various forums from people who were parked on the grass last weekend at inters. Turns out the ground has a large amount of lime in it. LIME= ACID= BORKED PAINT.

If youve not washed your car since last weekend id suggest you go out and do it asap. I know Nikkis car was splattered with mud up the side and inside the arches by the time we left so we're going to give it a going over now. Quite a few people have mentioned when theyve rinced the clay/mud off its left a mark in the paint (same as bird poo but harsher)

Good luck

Gav

Over the past few days ive seen a few posts popping up on various forums from people who were parked on the grass last weekend at inters. Turns out the ground has a large amount of lime in it. LIME= ACID= BORKED PAINT.

If youve not washed your car since last weekend id suggest you go out and do it asap. I know Nikkis car was splattered with mud up the side and inside the arches by the time we left so we're going to give it a going over now. Quite a few people have mentioned when theyve rinced the clay/mud off its left a mark in the paint (same as bird poo but harsher)

Good luck

Gav

Oh dear, that's not good :shock:

Yikes! Thanks for pointing this out Gav. Thankfully didn't get any mud on my car after leaving the site on Sunday.. but will go and have a good poke round the motor again tomorrow when its light!

That's a very unfortunate problem for a show the size of GTI international to have. Does anyone know if Neil Birkitt (at Autometrix) has been told about this ?

It might be worth an email if no-one knows, to ensure it doesn't happen next year.

Just my 2p. (Apparently the campsite "rivers" at Le Mans were also pretty toxic from posts I've seen on Pistonheads) but then again all the cars got so mucky that I'm sure they were all washed when we got back)

John

I dunno, this month gets worse and worse. I go away for a few weeks, car fails its MOT and now I wanna go home right now, so that I can wash my beloved. Rats !

Saw this on e38, guy with an immaculate mk1 gti found marks on his paintwork, feel for him!

corozin has a good point, should def let the organisers know bout this!

I'm sure I'll bump into Neil Birkitt at the Autometrix Trackday next month; I'll mention it to him when I see him.

Has anyone ended up with any actual damage aside beyond milky/burnished lacquer?