Sign in to follow this  
Viper99

Motor dies while im driving

While I am driving, my rado just dies. The electricty shuts off and i cant get it started back up for like 24hrs. I have just replaced my ignition switch but it still happens. I have no idea if it is my ECU or my altanator. Please help me out if you can. Thanks

Do you have an imobiliser fitted to the car??? If so it sounds like this is nachored as causing the power to cut off.

The Alternator wont have anything to do with it and it doesnt sound like an ECU problem...

hi Ive got the same problem on my 1.8 16v Corrado ive tried everythin IGNITION SWITCH, ECU, HT LEADS, DIZZY CAP AND ROTOR ARM, ISV, IMMOBILISER, FUEL PUMPS AND IGNITION COIL.

None of these fixed the problemThe next thing on the list is the vacume hoses, and some body told me that they have a kind of switch on them for when they crash whitch shuts down the fuel pumps and the ignition?????? if you figure it out let me no

Is it when you are cornering?

Have you checked the battery terminal and earth etc?

on my car its defo not the battery its happend to me at traffic lights it just stopsthe you have to waight a couple of mins before it wil start again

on my car its defo not the battery its happend to me at traffic lights it just stopsthe you have to waight a couple of mins before it wil start again

Yo darbs do you live in eccles ??

Im 2 mins down the road from you mate in irlam !!

do you have a imobilizer fitted because this was happening to my car a few weeks ago and it turned out to be the connections in the fuse box !!

just got it took off a couple of days ago its not done it since but im not convinced that its fixed yet. so how much u askin for your car then.

DAMN I have the same problem it happend to me 3 days ago and now it wont stop !!!!

After about 10 min when I drive the engine starts to die on me just like that without showing anything its like turning the key but the electric works but the servo doesnt work.... And to start it after it have died it works pretty fine...

Wtf can that be... its getting on my nerves and its a RISKY drive when the engine just stops like that at the highway... :(

//Norbert

Well I think I do a diagnostic check on my also... but I will not send it to VW.. then it will come back with more problems....

//Norbert

Do you have an imobiliser fitted to the car??? If so it sounds like this is nachored as causing the power to cut off.

The Alternator wont have anything to do with it and it doesnt sound like an ECU problem...

Where is my imobilizer and what does it do?