Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

PhatVR6's first Corrado

Hello there, what you doing on here?

Been on here a little while now, always been a fan of C's, and a decent bunch of guys on here aswell......

Haven't been on CGTI too much recently as there seems to be too much crap to wade through recently??........... :roll:

yeah, CGTI forum is awful now, sahem, it used to be great.

Go buy a Corrado, you know you want to. If I (mr mk2 golf) can give up mk2 golfs I'm sure you can.

go drive a corrado, you'll be hooked.

Now then Mr Horrocks,

You get everywhere dont you (like Agent Smith)

I might be calling down over the weekend to pick that timing chain up off you

Ian

oh no you won't! hehehe glad to hear you fixed it.

Oh look, new pics!

ah, f*ck, they don't work.........hang on

ah, here we go

Ok, maybe I should have taken it around the block first to let the suspension settle, it doesn't look too low here. It worked out at 50mm lower on the front 35mm at the rear. Hsould have been a 60mm lowering kit!

37763735.jpg

Long exposure+wobbly hand=kinda freaky, but also pretty cool pic

37763636.jpg

This one really shows the colour and the gloss of the paint.

37763575.jpg

More Glossy shots

37762794.jpg

And another blurry one of the trim to finish.

37762608.jpg

Hello Phatvr6

just saw your post up on vwvortex and on your sig you mention the car is a Dark Burgundy Pearl 3LUC (paint code, i think :? ) which is identical to mine :thumb right: but your the first guy to have grey interior :? .

I know of 4 other corrados with our colour and they all have the black interiors including mine, either cloth or leather its just strange to see one with grey.

Sorry though i would point it out lol

ill get my coat now :oops:

LC3U

I've only ever seen one Corrado this colour, but it was a LHD G60.

I spotted from your avatar that yours was possibly the same colour.

I wasn't keen on the idea of the grey interior, but I love it now I've got it.

check out the fitted from new glass sunroof too!

thats it LC3U i knew it was something like that and i better get it right considering mine is going into the body shop in a month :p

Well there is more of out there a very rare colour but really beautifull (prob the best out of the corrado range :lol: ) in the sunlight in my opinion

Also the passat sunroof is a must ive had mine of there for about 1 year now and never looked back :D

Easily one of the best colours out there, that's why I went all the way to cardiff for it, from York!!

as for sunroof, mine isn't a passat one, it's made by a dutch firm called Hollandia Sunroofs, they're part of the Webasto company. It was fitted 2 weeks before the car was registered!

At first I was gutted that they'd taken a non sunroof shell and cut a hole in it (especially after seeing how old mk1's with cheap sunroofs rot). but after having a good look at it, I reckon it's better than the VW one! and it has one touch operation and a chromolux panel! it's 2" bigger than the stock one too, I love it!

yes, it is very clean, and so it should be, I spent 4 hours on sunday jet washing everything in sight and polishing it before I took those pics (shame it'd gone dark nearly) I'll have to take some pics in the arches and underneath, it's gleaming I don't think the engine bay had EVER been washed, luckily all the oil has kept everything as good as new save for a bit of paint coming off the rocker cover.

I love this car, I'm keeping it forever! it's SOOO much better than any of the other VW's I've owned.

Very nice so not only will it be a rare 4x4 corrado but it has a one of sunroof :D

well enjoy it like you said its the best vw ive ever driven even thou i do have a soft spot for mkI golf's :oops:

I finally changed the wheels!

Dug the old 15" Le Castellets out of the garage and nitromorsed all the lacquer off. Didn't have time to give them a good polish as I had to whack them on the car before it went dark, and I didn't fancy putting any paint stripper on the wheels whilst they were on the car for obvious reasons.

Pics coming as soon as I have some daylight.

thats it LC3U i knew it was something like that and i better get it right considering mine is going into the body shop in a month :p

Well there is more of out there a very rare colour but really beautifull (prob the best out of the corrado range :lol: ) in the sunlight in my opinion

:D

Mine's Burgundy Pearl too. Luv it in the summer, but looks a shitty brown when the sun goes in.

cheers

My old valver was dark burgundy pearl (correct naming of colour) or LC3U - gorgeous colour in the sun but got fed up with people asking if it was black :mad:

It also had a black interior Alex....

Scott

Nah, I've been meaning to take some sine I fitted the le castellets, but it's either too dark, or the car is too filthy. Saying that, I could have took some at the weekend in the sun, but I just never got round to it. I'll be doing the rear lights and grille over xmas so I'll do some more pics then. then I'll be fitting the VR6 wishbones, driveshafts, hubs and polished speedlines too, should look sweet on those.

shame about the bloody weather!

which rims are you running at the mo then? what I mean is are they like myn? or the late ish corrado ones?

as for the lamps etc, sounds good..

I used to have an 8v as well and it was probably the most dissapointing car I have ever owned. I think its for sale (shock) at a garage in Kircaldy right now. Mreg and Green in colour. Great to look at but my disabled sister could run fatser!!

Yep, it is indeed slow. Certainly not disappointing to drive though. And it will be getting a VR6 early next year too.