Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Definative ABS electrical connection list?

Evening...

I have a N reg VR6 with non functioning ABS, the light does not come on or anything... I know there was a thread about this recently, but I couldn't work out where all of the fuses and relays were. Could anyone shed some light on this please?

I know the ABS ECU is under the glovebox, do the relays sit here too? Which fuses supply the ABS too? Are there a couple mounted above the main fusebox?

Cheers everyone.

Tom

The ECU is in the inner wing panel in the pass side footwell

Cool

That'll save me looking in the wrong place then!

The (3?) ABS relays are directly behind the glovebox (oh what a joy it is to remove) and as Steve says, ECU down behind the kick panel to the left of the passenger footwell. There's 3 nuts that screw down to hold it in place, then a metal clamp over the plug that holds that in. Use a screwdriver to lever the metal clamp up and it'll push the connector off as it swings open.

The fusebox cover says the ABS is supposed to be wired into I think fuse 16, but mine (93 K plate) was wired into the same fuse as the sunroof and spoiler (no idea what is actually wired to fuse 16). I'd just check all of the fuses to make sure they're good, or at least test all of the 15A ones.