Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

changing a sunroof

i have an early valver with a working sunroof and my sunroof on my late valver does not slide and decides to move up half an inch when i lock the car??????

can i swap the sunroofs over? is this easy between late and early models? what do i need to do?

thanks

Not sure about the swapping over question but I can suggest the reason for the sunroof tilting upwards when you lock the car.

Has it always done this or has it just randomly started? If it's always done it it sounds like the motor is not synchronised with the sunroof properly. When you set the alarm the motor automatically goes back into start position, at the moment the motor thinks start position is with the sunroof slightly tilted. In order to fix this you will need to remove the sunroof control panel. If you need help with that then pm me or something.

Once that is removed you will see an allen key clipped onto the motor & a little black flap with an arrow on it. Firstly, set the sunroof to closed if it isn't already. If I remember correctly in order to tilt the sunroof you need to turn the allen key clockwise in the motor. To check this, remove the motor from the sunroof subframe, it should require the allen key & a screwdriver and a bit of wiggling (of the motor that is) :lol:

Once the motor is out, you need to wind it to its start position, in your case I think you need to wind the motor clockwise 1-2 turns. Try it with 1 turn first, if you move the black flap across you will see where to put the allen key, then slide the flap back over the hole otherwise the electric motor won't work, it completes the circuit for safety reasons. Then put the motor back into place & try the alarm again, if the sunroof still tilts up slightly repeat the process again until it stops tilting. You may find it requires 1/4 or 1/2 turn but it is no more sensitive than that. If the sunroof starts to slide backwards you've gone too far and need to wind the motor anti-clockwise when you remove it.

However, if I'm wrong, after the first attempt of turning the motor clockwise the sunroof will tilt even more, in that case just take the motor back out and turn it anti-clockwise, but I'm pretty certain I have it right, I'm currently operating mine that way due to new mechanisms which have made the sunroof to stiff for the motor to handle with, and I don't want a burnt out motor!

lol many thanks i will have a go as soon as i can and let you know also if my sunroof is leaking when it is closed it needs a new seal is this easy or a long job?