DanVW

Dans 92 G60

looks very good.A nice example.

Thanks dude :-) shame I still havent seen yours despite the number of times we have bumped into each other :-(

sight of relief. lol

Just a heads up, if putting early door cards onto a door that had Late door cards, you will need the central locking unit (just the bit that sits in the door) from a late car, fortunatly the door I was swapping in had the unit already in there but beware if you have picked up a fully stripped late door to go on! p.s this was drivers side but I suspect it will be the same story on the passenger side

Cheers

Dan

my new door is early spec. I was worried that my 92 60 would have the late spec doors.... lol it's got the bumpers and bonnet but not the dash or the interior.... :brickwall:

Had the beast tested at the RDW today.. (Dutch Import test and MOT) and :epicfail:

Leaking PS pipe, missing PS pipe bush, Fog lamp on the wrong side, leaky exhaust, front indicator r/h side weak, arb bush, inner CV boot split, although oddly enough it didnt fail on the head lights in fact the tester took off the stickers as apparently they are a fail :lol:

And everyone favourite.. emmissions viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81765

but she is booked in to a local garage to quote for fixing everything as I no longer have a drive, so guess we will have to see I did get a cheeky snap of the car next to mine in the queue though 8)

Time for a Netherlands update 8) now my new plates have arrived I fitted them today and went for a short drive :clap: every bit as much fun as always!!

Got to love Dutch insurace too I'm fully comp for less than 200 Euros, Dutch insurance companies are restricted by law from attempting to chage you more for having a 'modified' car, as long as it passes the APK (MOT equivalent) the insurance cost is based on your age the cost of the car and if you have made a claim before. Tax is a bit pricy at 84 Euros for three months but I'm just so pleased to be legal now :D

So enjoy the pics

Dan

I really really like the Yellow plates... When are you going to take her for a blast into Germany then?

Those yellow plates look awesome. :notworthy: I wonder how long I could run some before the fuzz pulled me :scratch:

Now that paint looks very nice, bet you are well chuffed with that...

Dutch life treating you well then????

I really really like the Yellow plates... When are you going to take her for a blast into Germany then?

Been and done mate 8) 'popped' out for a 3 hour run to the nearest Autobahn and back the day the insurance and plates came through :lol:

the plates are proper metal too and of course there is no Tax Disk to spoil the nice clean look of the windscreen, couldnt be happier with it tbh (as long as I ignore the overspray and paint runs you can see if you look close!

Those yellow plates look awesome. :notworthy: I wonder how long I could run some before the fuzz pulled me :scratch:

theoretically you could get away with it untill they pulled you for a traffic offence I guess, judging by the number of non UK registered cars running round the UK there doesnt appear to be any Law that if you live in the UK you must register your car and put it through the MOT!! unlike here in Holland.

Sorry but this used to really **** me off the time I spent living in Southampton, if you're living in the UK your car should be subject to the same rules as the rest of us!

Someone please correct me if there is a law but its just not enforced?? As the police are too busy pulling us tax paying and legal motorists? :censored:

Sorry rant over... And thanks for the comment :-)

Edited by DanVW

Now that paint looks very nice, bet you are well chuffed with that...

Dutch life treating you well then????

Coming from you mate that is quite a complement!! 8) it does look so much better than when I first got her and now there is only one small parking dent, some over spray and a few runs to get rid of before the bodywork is sorted :clap:

The Netherlands is great mate dont know why I didnt move here years ago!? So hows the US treating you?

Hi Dan,

just been noseying about and see you're in the Netherlands - I'm originally from there (nijkerk) What is it you're doing over there? Hows the dutch coming along? Car is looking great esp with the dutch yellow plates.

had to laugh when I saw your old number plate - "Opa" is dutch for grand-dad.....

cheers

henk

Hey Henk,

I moved over here for a job early last year, been very very lucky as I love this job! And The Netherlands, so why did you move to the UK? :cuckoo:

I have done my first 60 hours of Neaderlands voor beginers so I know the grammer (past, presant and future tense etc) but I just dont know enough words to have a proper conversation yet, cant wait to not getting mistaken for a tourist when I go out! lol

And yes everyone at work killed themselves laughing at my old plates when I used to leave it in the car park at work :lol: was very glad to get my Dutch 09 plates on to shut them all up.

Cheers

Dan

So you gona go all Euro look with the g60? :D

Not sure if I know what the Euro look is? But if its what ze Germans and French had done to their cars at the 20 year meet in Nurburg then absoutly not! :lol:

Coming soon... Borbet A's (freshly referbed), Charger Rebuild, SNS stage 5, Samco Boost hoses, RSR, 65mm pully, VDO Gauges 8) cant wait!! Should have some pics of the Borbets tomorrow when I pick them up.

Coming soon... Borbet A's (freshly referbed), Charger Rebuild, SNS stage 5, Samco Boost hoses, RSR, 65mm pully, VDO Gauges 8) cant wait!! Should have some pics of the Borbets tomorrow when I pick them up.

:D

Life in Europe seems to be agreeing with you.

I think you'll like the smaller pulley.

65mm?

I thought you bought a 68?

:D

Life in Europe seems to be agreeing with you.

I think you'll like the smaller pulley.

65mm?

I thought you bought a 68?

Cheers dude yea looking through the bits I have collected over the last year or so I appear to have a surplus of Pullys, got the 65, 68, and a 70mm versions as well as a std (78mm?) one on the car, will be using whichever one the SNS is setup for :grin:

Awesome. Can't wait for the pictures mate :)

Just called the guy who is doing the Borbets and they wont be ready till tomorrow or Monday... :roll: wish he would make up his mind they were supposed to be ready last week ffs!

Excuse the poor shots but the Powder coated Borbet A's are back 8) they look sooo much better in the metal! Thanks to Mr Beige too!!

Cant wait to get them fitted but I'm off to San Fransisco with work for the next 11 days so wont get a chance to fit them till December :-(

Oh well will have to try and console myself on the west coast somehow... :lol:

they look sooo much better in the metal! Cant wait to get them fitted but I'm off to San Fransisco with work for the next 11 days so wont get a chance to fit them till December :-(

you poor unfortunate.

You'll be in my prayers. :lol:

I do love the BBS's originals and will be keeping them but they are a fecker to keep clean... Looking forward to the quick spray and wipe of the Borbets :clap: