Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Z*mol madness

I have used Z*mol products for a good few years now and although not exactly cheap I have always found them to be top quality and they do last for ages.

They have now started to get really heavy handed with "Detailers" who speak openly about using Zymol to the public and their customers, classing it as unauthorised advertising.

According to a couple of people I know who Detail for a living, promoting the use of this companys products is only allowed if you become an authorised Zymol user which apparently involves handing over a large sum of money and promising not to use other companys products - can't believe the utter madness of their decision, after all surely people talking (positively) about a product is free advertising and can only help improve sales

surely it can only be a good thing that detailer recommend their products?

I don't understand that, you effectively have to be a franchise to say their name? :roll:

LOl..whats the chances of regular customers grassing you up anyway???..just dont have the name written on any business cards, vans or websites and just use the product if you feel its that good. :)

Ive never found Zeeiiimol products to be much better than any other of the 100's ive tried in the last 7years tbh...the cars still get dirty!! lol

Apparently, Z*mol are now actively scouring forums etc for professional detailers who dare utter the hallowed name - I suppose their inflated prices have allowed them to invest their profits into such activities

I believe the initial fee for becoming Zymol apporved is £5000 and then £3000 per year after that.

Apparently, Z*mol are now actively scouring forums etc for professional detailers who dare utter the hallowed name - I suppose their inflated prices have allowed them to invest their profits into such activities

briiliant, I hope they read that :D :D :lol:

zymol.jpg

zymol were trying to get me signed up as an approved detailer.

with the initial fee, compulsary training and products you looking at £7k in the first year (raising to approx £13k next year) and £2500 each year after that

Its a rip off. all you are paying for is use of the logo and the fact you can say 'i am an approved zymol detailer'

They only hold the registered tradmark rights for the logo and the zymol work with the 2 dots about the o.. not the plain writen word 'zymol' and they cannot legally restrict someone, professional or not, from saying i use zymol products.

They will bully them and threaten leagal action as thats the kind of company they are but as long as you dont use the logo or claimto be approved then your fine.

Their waxes are good but the company is terrible!