Sign in to follow this  
krimson95

Busted transmission question

I am currently in Iraq, left my 1994 VR6 Corrado in the garrage, not planning on it being till I got back home. My wifes daily driver went into the shop for repairs, so she decided to drive my Corrado. On her way home from work she ran over something I don't know what, but it cacked my transmission housing. And now any time the clutch is released in first gear you hear a loud squeeling noise (only in fist gear though). I was going to put in stage II racing clutch kit when I got back home but now I have to replace the transmission. I went the Bahn Brenner web page and found eight different transmissions. Of the eight, three of them transmissions caught my eyes, but I really dont know what I am looking at. The 1st is 02J Transmission (Code EGC) part no 02j300047H $1299.95, 2nd 02J VR6 Tranmission (100mm Flanges) part no 02j300049R100 $1874.95, and 3rd is a 6Speed 02A Transmission for VR6 part no 02A398675394 $3,399.95. My question is, are these all manual transmission and would they fit on my Corrado without any modifications. Any help/answers is much appreciated.

Colin (A.K.A Krimson95)

The O2A should be a direct bolt on job, I think, not sure about the others. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a better knowledge!

Interested to hear about this as I have been looking into the same transmissions, weighing up the pros and cons of buying a ready built from the US or getting one built over in the UK. Its the shipping from the US that is the real b**ch!