Sign in to follow this  
Twiss

kjet/EFi update 21/02/2008

Got a question that I can't find an answer to in the search.

My 1.8 kr fuel management is mechical, I would like to put a turbo on it. I was wondering would it be possble to fit a EFI now on the standard engine and have it tuned to work?

I was thinking of just getting the g60 loom and wiring or would another fuel maganement be better?

Could any one recommend where this could be done?

Thanks Vaughn

It would be easiest to add a piggy back controller to add fuel when needed and alter the timing as required. Switching to EFI is a huge task and you would be better to rip out the KR and fit a 1.8T unit with an aftermarket ECU.

If you have the skill/facilities fit the Weber/iaw injection system off various lancias,ford cosworths etc,the difference in power delivery/driveabiltiy between the two(Digi 1 vs iaw) is quite something.

I'm going to be taking some photos today of my set-up so you can see what's involved component wise,no more digi-lag,uncertain power delivery,any choice of injectors,2 MAP sensors(black and 3 BAR grey,as fitted O/E to the Lancia evo's),no more crumbly injector wiring harness and it's quite easy to re-programm using an emulator.

Thanks Veedubbed

That would be really usefull and intresting to get an idea of the work involved.

Charge air temp. sensor on modified G60 throttle body(Weber/iaw throttle switch is fitted underneath next to the boost return...)

Various throttle bodys i used before,some were ok but others were like on/off switchs in traffic,the best is the O/E G60 jobbie,IMO.

Lancia delta integrale evo1 ecu,you can also use many more such as Lancia delta 4wd,hf turbo.

Depends on what boost you'll be running.

WOW

ok I'm impressed

did you have to do any thing to the fuse box for the ignition ?

or any thing to the existing wiring?

Don't know if your know this but as Mine is the KR block Will mine have the plug for the knock senser?

Well I've had trouble finding a IAW fuel system. with out it costing the earth so it looks likei'll have to go go downt he digi 1 root.

So as i'm aware ( i've bound to of forgotten a few things i normal do) i need the engine loom, ecu, sensers from the engine like knock senser, crank etc

g60 TB

Any thing else?

My current engine spec is a 2.0l (6A block and head) will have the KR inlet cam in it running k-jet on a 1990 Corrado.

Ive searched the forum for some info on fitting it but have not had much luck.

Any how any help would be appreciated.