Sign in to follow this  
DelMonty

Strange running when fuel under 1/4 tank

Hello all,

Finally recently got my Corrado back on the road after 13 months off it, and have power problems when the tank is under 1/4 full. It's ok if accelerating gently but when the throttle is opened fully it is very lumpy, with surges then moments where it's actually decellerating despite sounding like the throttle is fully open. I've ran it for about 2 months hoping maybe it was just where the old petrol had gone off but I've run it right down and it's still the same, but is fine when over 1/4 tank. I also run Redex though at quite a high concentration but to no avail.... I took it to Deutsch Wagen in Cambridge today and they got 2 error codes, lamba sensor short circuit to earth and no signal from the engine speed sensor. It may be the reason, it may be coincidence, but the fact it's fine unless the petrol is under 1/4 tank would suggest it has nothing to do with these, but then I'm not an expert. Does anyone know possible reasons for this? I'm thinking I may have to pay Vince a visit a lot sooner than expected to get this done along with the cooling system after-run program problem discussed in another thread....

PS Does anyone have any experience of Deutsch Wagen in Cambridge? They did a good job on my sister's Golf, but that's my only experience with them....