Sign in to follow this  
richroberts

electric windows help! pleeeaassseee!

hi all,

ive got a little electrical promblem i hope someone can help me with. I bought a corrado and it came with non working electric windows and mirrors. Any idea where to start looking. It obviously isnt the motors in all the windows, so is it likely to just be a fuse? i havent got the car yet,

i found the fuse on top on the fuse box to be blown. All others were ok but after replacing the blown fuse still no luck. I have now no central locking, no elec mirrors or windows!please help!its so hot today!

cheers for the replies. I have just found out that my sigma alarm stopped the central locking workingso this works now!still no windows could this be the alarm aswell? it does feature a full closure setting but doesnt change anything!

all i could find loose was a blue and white wire with a white plastic connection, spade type hanging down! Could this be it, where does it need to be plugged in?

Some wires within the mess of wires behind the fuse box were'nt connected up to anything,many were spare,have you checked all the multiplugs that are located near the bonnet handle(i'm talking LHD here but your Brit.version should be the same)?,broken wires inside the rubber piece that protects the wires?(15 years of flexing opening of the doors etc),do you have current present at the motors?,at the switchs?,have you tried wapping switches over?.

Are the relays present?,working?,also while your down there check that the fuse box still has its white plastic retaining fork/clip things as they are bastids to put back again properly which results in the fuse box tilting downwards and sometimes ejecting a few relays or loosening the sods.