Sign in to follow this  
ace666

brother in laws project

hello my brother in law has just got a mk2 golf gti as a project .

he payed £230.00 for it .

we have taken out the interior including the dash . he has now gone on to find a hole in the fire wall on the engine side and he has now lost all intrest in the project and now wants to brake it and sell the parts .

the question im asking is would it be possibal to weld a plate over the hole or would it need a new firewall putting in .

or it it only worth braking for the parts ?

regards adam

I dont know but it sounds as though it was going to be a big project in the 1st place if it got all stripped down so why give up at the 1st hurdle?

Yeah, tell him to get on with it! :lol: You can't take on a project car and expect it to run smoothly. It just doesn't happen. I've just spent a week just trying to undo one bolt! Even simple things like that can go t*ts up. I wouldn't know how to do it but I'm sure it's repairable.

Mk2 Golf parts are pretty-much worthless these days; you'll struggle to give the parts away, speaking from experience. The bonus is that makes them great as bases for projects, because there are so many cheap/free parts available. 'Stick with it' would be my advice. You're going to have to take it apart to break it anyway, so why not do it with a view to putting it back together at the end?