Sign in to follow this  
Hassan83

Fan Not Working

Hello Their Everyone!.... Need some help regarding my beloved Corrado 1.8 16v KR. My Engine Temp seems to be getting very hot anyone know the rough average the engine shouldnt be going above on these engines. The Fan just does not want to work. Checked the Motor with a dedicated power supply which is working fine so i know its not a dodgy componant but Ive noticed prior to me buying the vehicle some previous owner has done some work on the 3 switch connector that goes into the back. Would much appriciate some advice on what to do wether id need a new wiring kit for it or if anyone has tips to get it running. My Other Corrado's fan kicks in around 94degress Engine Temp and does not ever go above 90-85 on the Water Temp!. Please help! :? ....... Thank you In Advance! Hassan!

Your other C's temps are spot on what this one needs to be....could be a couple of things, the first being a dodgy temp gauge sender as these degrade over time...other issues could be the thermostat or water pump.

As for the fan you can buy the switch from http://www.vwspares.co.uk for a few quid along with the temp sender (1 pin black)...probably worth changing them both anyway.

If the valver fan works like the G60 ones, it has 2 speeds.

The start signal is given by a temperature probe which is located on the water radiator.

You may disconnect it and shunt the pin 1 with pin 2, and then pin1 with pin 3.

With this you

I've got this prob too...

I've had a new water pump and temp sensor - and radiator. Still its running hot, on shortish journeys im getting up too 105 - 108 deg on both oil and water. My fan has stopped but it's not the motor or radiator sensor/ is there another part to the system?

It's averages around 105-108 when im doing 60 on the road, this still feels a bit high?

any ideas?

cheers