Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Best Oil for VR6???

I have tried searching but cant find what i'm after, I need to change my oil after a recent rather high temperature incident after some spirited driving last week, not sure what the best brand is to put in the VR the wiki says

'VW Silver Synta (10W/40) is recommended and Silkolene Pro S 10W/50 Fully Synthetic is also reported to be excellent'

but i was wondering if anyone has better experiances with others....

o also i have always used vw oil filters on my golfs but i know a few friends with jap cars swear by 'performance brand' filters such as trd and hks for mr2 turbos, are there any better to use for the VR?

thanks

andy

"of"? Are you going to be sampling the various secretions of the engine? :lol:

I'm hopefully fixifying the search now, so all should be better. However, in the mean time - the Silky seems to be pretty damned good (and pretty damned expensive), I use Synta Silver in mine and just change it more often.

The VAG filters seem to be pretty good, but probably no harm in trying others. Just be sure to get the right one with a one-way valve in it otherwise you could run into trouble.

Honestly, there are sooo many threads around about this. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=59149&hilit= Just need to wait a short while for the search index to finish and you'll spend hours looking through threads about whatever oil takes your fancy.....hopefully not baby.

"of"? Are you going to be sampling the various secretions of the engine? :lol:

i'm rathing tired this evening so my spelling usually goes up the spout! no plan of switching to a pint of Mobil 1 smooth just yet :lol:

Ta for the help, i'll pop in to get some at the weekend, hopefully the probs with the search'll be ironed out by then?

Mobil 1 Creamflow brings a whole new league of meaning to the "show some love" thread :lol:

Search should be back on form in another few hours.