Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

electric windows again

hi all i have done a search so please dont moan at me my problem has been posted before but no solution was ever posted so my problem is i had a rattley passenger window which was making terrible noises on the way up and occasionally gettin stuck. i took the door card off hopin to find it was the plastic rollers had come off but no such luck with a C, it turns out its the cable has snapped!! so i guess i need a new mechanism from what ive read dont bother goin to stealers as you have to buy the whole lot, can you buy the parts i need on there own. has anyone fixed this themselves and how difficult was it, is just the cable i need or do i need a new mechanism as well??

Window now wont stay up so really need to sort this so PLEASE HELP!!! :( :o

Cable?,i'm not aware of any cable fitted to the corrado's e.window,it's a sissortype arrangement,Audis have the type with a cable running around plastic wheels,i changed the roller once on an ancient Audi quattro and i'd advise you not to do it mate,absolute nightmare to put the cable back on its track.

hi mate cheers for the reply but there definitly is a cable its mentioned on a few other posts as well so C do have em

theres a cable that runs through the centre channel which has snapped windows now up, being held up with some cable ties so thts sorted

but really need to know if its even possible to fix by the sounds of things its not possible to get the mechanism out the hole in the door!!

i guess it must be but probably really difficult, anyone fixed this themselves??

i did this recentely, yes there is a cable, mine ended up snapping aswell

best to replace the whole assembly, i got mine off ebay for £10

Its actually not as hard as it seems, i was dreading it, but got stuck in and it was actually pretty straight foward.

just takes a bit of working out how to get the mechanism in & out, i found not keeping the window in 1 position throughout job helped, i.e: as i was pulling mech down and out of door i was lowering the window by hand to help manouveure everything

Your quite right mate,i was woolgathering not thinking about the cable guide and plastic wheels...working through 35degree heat is doing my 'effin head in.

If you want a hand, or some pointers, give me a shout and pop up as I needed to do this to mine (hence no passenger side mech) There's lots of good advice on here though. Have got a good rivet gun too if you want to borrow it.

Tom

try pming martin (VR6 South) as he knows of a corrado in a scrap yard, or there is one at silverlake near botley... might be knackered door though.

so i know what will and will not work if i were to get my hands on a vw corrado leccy window mechanism as long as the switch was in the door card like in my valver, would it fit/work reguardless of wether it came from a vr or G60 really need to know this PLEASE HELP!! thanks in advance :?